Tuesday, December 6, 2011

PERTH ROYAL SHOW 2011

(PICTURE: Mik Showing Our Cake Some CAKE LOVE)

The Perth Royal Show for 2011 has been and GONE! Delicate-Lee's response from this years cake competition is still alive and talked about to this day.

This year I really wanted to step out to show my cake personality and cake artistic eye. I was told by many that this would be a risk as some judges may not like what I produced and I may not get the score that my sugar craft is worth. WELL I will NOT let that stop me from expressing my love passion and personality.
I do not enter the Perth Royal Show to win prizes, ribbons and the high scores of the judges. I enter the Perth Royal Show to push my skills and to design and create a sugar/cake art piece which I may not be able to do on a day to day "job" cake order. I also do it to give the public something interesting to look at and to show that cake decorating is an art not just thickly covered, white fruit cakes topped with roses and drapes.
Winning prises and ribbons are an added bonus.
I feel that the most rewarding part of the cake competition and the MAIN reason why I enter is the feedback I get from family, friends, friends of friends, work mates, class students, the public and the KIDS! To have your proud friend ring you and say ..." OH MY Kaylee! Your cake is AWESOME and it was so GREAT to hear the "ohs" and "wows" by everyone that walked past, I was so proud knowing that I KNOW THE CHICK THAT MADE THAT CAKE"...
The many HOURS and DAYS; the stress of DELIVERY is all worth the golden "wows" and "ohs" That is my first place ribbon.

Here is what I produced for the Perth Royal Show 2011:

MASTERS: Decorated Theme Wedding Cake
"Freak Show Wedding"

SECOND PLACE

OPEN: Decorated Wedding Cake
-Inspired by the BEAUTIFUL and TALENTED, Jade Homemaker from Suzi Homemaker (Thank you Hun!)

SECOND PLACE

OPEN: Decorated Christmas Cake
-Inspired by my hero, Tim Burton

THIRD PLACE

I would like to thank my Beautiful Mum, Sisters, Brother and Great other half along with all my close friends, work mates, students, kids and everyone that has supported me through another chapter of "DELICATE-LEE"
Thank you, I am very gratefull for all your LOVE and SUPPORT

Message from TWITTER From Duff Goldman -Ace of Cakes
"...I'd say KICK ASS JOB!..."


No comments: